Sunday, October 2, 2011

Introduction to the Breach


In an effort to keep my blogs organized and fairly clean with pertinent content, I have created this one to share my table top experiences.


Last year I entered the table top wargaming world with Warhammer 40,000 and there will probably be some posts about that found here in the future.

My current foray into the table top gaming systems though is Malifaux. The models originally drew me to the game back at the beginning of the year. I purchased two box set crews and the first two rule books. I have recently come to learn there is a new one called Twisted Fate which I plan to pick up some time in the next couple of weeks.

I began work on my Ramos box this weekend. I have Ramos and both Arachnid Swarms assembled and put on their custom decorated bases. I also have the Steamborg Executioner mostly assembled but am waiting for his resin base to arrive before finishing his assembly. I need to know exactly how he will be positioned before I attach his torso and arms.

I have yet to play a game but the system is being played in two local shops and seeing how I have the beginnings of two separate crews I should be able to easily find a friend or two willing to try it out. This is one of the things that appealed to me about the game. You didn't need to drop several hundreds of dollars into getting started as you do with some of the larger scale army wargame systems. Honestly for around $100 you can have two solid crews and the rulebook and be on your way.

I will be sharing my modeling, gaming and product review experiences in posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment